Home » Our Legal Services » No Win No Fee » Compensation Claims » Defence Force Compensation Claims

Defence Force Compensation Claims

You may be able to make a compensation claim if you have suffered an injury or illness or abuse whilst a member of any of the following services that comprise the Australian Defence Force (ADF):

  • Air Force
  • Army
  • Navy
  • Air Force, Army or Naval Reserves
  • Australian Federal Police (AFP)

Frequently Asked Questions

Will you run my claim No Win No Fee?

Yes. Roche Legal offers No Win No Fee representation to everyone with a qualifying claim. Contact us for a free initial consultation. We have offices in Brisbane, Springwood, and the Sunshine Coast.

Do I have a claim for compensation?

Possibly, provided you suffered an injury or illness as a result of your service in the ADF or the AFP. The injury or illness can be the result of a number of things including but not necessarily limited to the following:

  • An accident or incident in respect of which the organisation was responsible.
  • Abuse and harassment of any kind.
  • Vilification on account of race or religion.

In Queensland, you may also make a DVA (Department of Veteran Affairs) claim for military rehabilitation assistance in the form of a pension or benefits.

Who Can I bring the claim against?

The service organisation at fault.

What can I claim compensation for?

This depends upon the circumstances of your claim.

What has to be proven for my claim to be successful?

This depends upon the type of the claim.

Are there any important time limits to bring a claim?

Yes. Do not delay in seeking legal advice.

Who pays me the compensation?

The Government.

How much compensation can I claim?

This cannot be determined until we get a full understanding of your situation and the circumstances.

How long does a claim for compensation take?

Again, this cannot be determined with any accuracy until we discuss your situation and the circumstances giving rise to your claim. However, we can guarantee however, that we work as quickly as possible as we know how important it is for you.

Can I make a claim as a beneficiary or dependant if the injured person has passed away?

You may be able to claim:

  • Benefits under a disability compensation pension.
  • A war widow’s and widower’s pension.
  • Compensation where the injured party commenced service on or after 1 July 2004.